Winterizing Your Demco Sprayer
Monday, December 14, 2015
Thank you for owning a Demco sprayer! We appreciate your business. We want you to be able to have the benefits from your Demco sprayer for many years. Winterizing your sprayer is an important part of maintaining it to keep it in good condition for next spring. The following are some general tips on winterizing your Demco sprayer:
- Make sure your sprayer is empty of any excess chemicals. Be sure to dispose of them per the chemical label instructions.
- Run water mixed with cleaners through the sprayer tank, pump, and all hose hookups. After cleaning, be sure to have all openings closed or covered to prevent dirt from entering.
- Remove your sprayer tips and store them for the winter. Prior to storing your tips, disassemble and clean them with water or cleaning solution, whichever is appropriate for the chemicals you sprayed. Clean your tip openings with a wooden toothpick. Be careful not to use something that could distort the opening. Be sure your sprayer tips are dry before you store them.
- Flush your pump with soluble oil and plug pump ports to keep out moisture and air.
- If your sprayer will be stored where it is exposed to freezing temperatures, add an RV grade anti-freeze to the tank and run this solution through all hoses and valves.
- Completely clean your entire sprayer, including the boom, to remove all chemicals, dust, and dirt in an effort to prevent rusting.
- Store your sprayer controller in a temperature controlled room.