Date Posted: March 1, 2019
Demco is currently seeking applicants for a full time Welder position on our Grain Handling product line.
In this role, you will be responsible to weld parts according to the engineer’s prints/directions and work orders. Due to the nature of this product, the ability to weld in multiple positions (vertical, horizontal, flat, and overhead) is required. Some prior welding experience is prefered.
Candidates with two years of proir welding experience (or who have a current welding certification) are eligible to receive a $2,000 sign-on bonus!
- Make quality welds.
- Able to weld according to print directions.
- Able to read weld symbols.
- Follow all safety procedures.
- To attend all required safety training.
- Able to weld in multiple positions.
- Complete jobs on a timely and consistent basis.
- Conscientious of following procedures and keeping accurate records.
- Able to use tools accurately
- To actively be looking for new and improved ways to do things.
- Meet reasonable production goals.
- Maintain a safe working environment.
- Must have some prior experience with wire welding in multiple positions.
- Must be able to pass an in-house welding test.
- Must be safety minded,
- Attention to detail and a high standard of quality is required.
- Must be a team player who can work effectively in a team environment
- Good interpersonal, verbal communication and active listening skills.
- Able to lift 50 pounds occasionally and push/pull 100 pounds occasionally.
- Willingness and ability to learn and perform other jobs.
Position descriptions are intended to define in general terms the most significant duties of a particular position and are not all inclusive of all duties or responsibilities of individual positions. Position descriptions are not intended to exclude the possibility of temporary assignments or the alteration of existing positions.
APPLY ONLINE HERE
You can also send a copy of your resume or application to our Human Resources Department:
Or Mail to: Attention: Human Resources
4010 320th Street
Boyden, Iowa 51234