Date Posted: March 1, 2019
Demco Manufacturing is actively seeking a servant leader for an Assembly Supervisor position in our Boyden, Iowa, facility. This position will be responsible for leadership of all production activities in the West Assembly department. This department is responsible for the final assembly of our sprayers and rental trailer product lines. This individual will direct and coordinate employees within the department and coordinate materials with other in-house departments. The right individual must be able to demonstrate strong servant leadership and the ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of employees and internal customer groups.
The ideal candidate must have strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills. The right candidate will be highly self-motivated and able to successfully select, grow, and communicate with team members throughout the organization. Prior leadership experience and/or training is preferred, but not required.
- Directs supervision of workers engaged in the assembly processes.
- Plans and directs production activities and establishes production priorities for products in keeping with effective operations and cost factors meeting the production schedule.
- Coordinates production activities with fabrication, welding, and assembly of all products within span of control.
- Reviews and analyzes production, quality, maintenance, and operational reports and processes to facilitate continuous improvement.
- Plans, promotes, and organizes training activities for skill/safety development.
- Develops and implements operating methods and procedures designed to eliminate operating problems and improve product quality.
- Consults with production planning to establish priority as result of equipment failure or operating issues.
- Facilitate the use of lean and ISO principles.
- Administers and supports all company policies fairly to all subordinates
Qualifications / Experience:
- Prior experience in lead supervision of a production system is preferred, but not required.
- Direct experience in facilitating Lean, Problem Solving, and Process Improvements
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Servant leadership approach with strong inter-personal skills
- Experience and practice of the Quality Management System and Lean concepts
Any Questions Please Call: 800-543-3626 Fax: 712-725-2380
Position descriptions are intended to define in general terms the most significant duties of a particular position and are not all inclusive of all duties or responsibilities of individual positions. Position descriptions are not intended to exclude the possibility of temporary assignments or the alteration of existing positions.
APPLY ONLINE HERE
You can also send a copy of your resume or application to our Human Resources Department:
Or Mail to: Attention: Human Resources
4010 320th Street
Boyden, Iowa 51234