Getting your grain cart prepared for winter
Wednesday, November 21, 2018
2018 harvest is done, finally!! We wanted to share some helpful tips for what to do to your grain cart before putting it away for the year.
· Relieve all hydraulic pressure
· Be sure all guards and shields on on the grain cart in their proper place
· Make sure all lug bolts are properly torqued
· Be sure to have the unload auger folded all the way in and have it sitting in the auger cradle
· Clean out all the grain from the grain cart
· Check tires for proper PSI
· Check oil level in gear box
· Grease all required areas
· Check all bearings, races, and seals
· If stored outside, keep roll tarp open and outer door open to let moisture run out. Snow sitting on top of a closed tarp can stretch and possibly tear the tarp
· Make sure all lights are working
· Park on a level surface and use wheel chocks if necessary
We hope you had a successful harvest. Thank you for your business! These tips will hopefully save you time when you are ready to get your Demco grain cart out again.