Ag PhD Field Day/ Hefty Seed Co. Field Day
Date(s): Thursday, July 25, 2019
Time: 8:00 AM - 8:00 PM
Location: 47669 252nd Street Baltic, SD 57003
The goal of the Ag PhD Field Day on our farm is for you to learn as much as you can in one day about new and current technologies so you can increase your profits and yields on your farm. We will have lots of field plots and demos, educational sessions, corn & soybean yield champs from across the country speaking to you about their strategies, and some hands-on activities that will hopefully make this day a great learning experience for you.
Of course, we also want you to be entertained during the day, so we invite you to attend an early morning session along with a meet and greet time with legendary basketball coach Bobby Knight. Race car driver Richard Petty, “The King”, will be speaking later in the morning, and you will have photo opportunities with Richard and the #43 car.
Here are some of the other reasons why you won’t want to miss the Ag PhD Field Day:
- Other RFD-TV and Rural Radio shows broadcasting live from the Field Day site. You can also meet many of the stars of RFD-TV and Rural Radio, as well as talk to Patrick Gottsch, owner & founder of Rural America’s Most Important Network.
- Lots of hands-on activities, including pulling actual soil tests & plant tissue analysis.
- Great learning sessions (mostly in air-conditioned comfort, too) for corn, soybean, wheat and specialty crop growers.
- Dozens of plots and new technologies for you to look at. Darren and I will be showing you these plots and talking through what we’re learning, including both our failures and successes.
- A Brian vs. Darren vs. special guest’s plot area. This area will be bigger this year, and we will give you all the details on what we’re doing this year vs. how last year’s plots turned out. Our Field Day corn last year topped 300 bushels per acre!
- Between Ride & Drive and live demonstrations, we will have a lot more going on than ever before.
- We talked last year about sub-surface irrigation, but by the time you arrive I hope to have a couple systems in to look at both irrigating through tile lines and with sub-surface drip tape. I can’t promise my projects will be done, but the odds are pretty good.
- Live tiling installation.
- Aerial performance of Vanguard Squadron, who fly planes fueled with ethanol.
- Live Ag PhD Radio Show.
- More equipment for you to see, both our equipment and from various equipment companies.
- Kids’ Activities – We will have inflatables and other games for kids, as usual, but we will also have more activities focused on crop education and farm safety.
- Health Screening – This was something we did for the first time last year, and it was a major hit.
- Estate Planning – We will have one or two sessions on this popular farm topic, and we’ll have one of the top estate planning lawyers in the U.S. there to answer your questions – for FREE.
- One of the most important things we hope you take advantage of when you attend our Field Day is to visit with other farmers from other geographies. Last year we had farmers from 26 states, 2 Canadian provinces, and several other foreign countries. I personally enjoy the day so much just because of the opportunity to learn what other farmers are doing to be successful in other areas. I really hope you can join us! By the way, we will have discounted hotel rooms available, and if you want to fly in that day, we are just 10 miles from the Sioux Falls International Airport.
More infromation, please go to http://www.agphd.com/ag-phd-events/ag-phd-field-day/