Date Posted: January 4, 2019
DEMCO Manufacturing has an immediate opening for a Manufacturing Engineer Supervisor. This role directly supervises three Manufacturing Engineers and will provide direction for day-to-day activities as well as long term facility/equipment improvement projects. This position is primarily based out of our Boyden, Iowa, facility. Some occasional travel will be required to our facility located in Spencer, Iowa.
- Provide servant leadership to a team of manufacturing engineers and fixture technicians.
- Work closely with internal customers in manufacturing and product engineering to ensure successful implementation of new product designs, equipment, and manufacturing processes.
- Direct and assist with analyzing layout of equipment, workflow, assembly methods, and workforce utilization.
- Conduct time studies and lost time analysis to identify areas for improvement.
- Develop and document manufacturing work instructions. Ensure existing work instructions and routings are accurate and up-to-date.
- Submit requests for engineering changes as needed.
- Manage the successful transition of new products and technology into the production arena.
- Participate in engineering design reviews on an as-needed basis.
- Provide support of prototyping activities of new product development.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Four year degree in Industrial Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, or related field.
- Prior experience with Lean Manufacturing and/or ISO principles is preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of prior engineering experience in a manufacturing setting is preferred.
- Problem solving ability and analysis.
- Strong communication skills. Must be able to effectively communicate in 1:1 and group settings with a wide range of audience members within the organization.
- History of demonstrating servant leadership capabilities – able to effectively organize and motivate team members towards established goals.
This position manages all employees of the department and is responsible for the selection/hiring and performance management of the employees within that department.
Any Questions Please Call: 800-543-3626 Fax: 712-725-2380
Position descriptions are intended to define in general terms the most significant duties of a particular position and are not all inclusive of all duties or responsibilities of individual positions. Position descriptions are not intended to exclude the possibility of temporary assignments or the alteration of existing positions.
APPLY ONLINE HERE
Click Here for Demco's Printable Job Application
Please send a copy of your cover letter & resume to:
Or Mail to: Attention: Human Resources
4010 320th Street
Boyden, Iowa 51234