Date Posted: May 17, 2019
Demco is currently accepting applications for a full time Design Engineer position at our facility in Spencer, Iowa. This position provides the opportunity to join a team that is passionate about designing safe, reliable, high quality trailer products for the ag and transportation industries.
The right candidate should have a strong understanding of 12 volt DC electrical circuits, hydraulics, air brake system design, and/or air-ride suspension system design. Must be knowledgeable of material strengths (both steel and aluminum) and have a basic understanding of Finite Element Analysis (FEA). A four year degree in Mechanical Engineering is required. Due to the customized nature of our product, we are looking for an individual that is willing to assist with production challenges as well as R&D projects in a hands-on capacity.
Qualifications & Experience:
- B.S. Mechanical Engineering degree.
- Prior experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred.
- Proficient with Solid Works 2019 and 3D modeling with AutoCad R14 or newer versions.
- Understands SIMULATION finite element analysis software.
- Must possess strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient with MS Excel, MS Word, and willing to learn Adobe’ In Design and TCM/WorkWise v9.10 MRP software.
- Due to the customized nature of our product, the right candidate must be a team player and capable of working effectively in a team environment.
- Completes all design aspects of a product from conceptions to production.
- Specifies purchased components required for projects.
- Creates bills of materials required for projects.
- Creates instruction and operation manuals as required.
- Provides design calculations and FEA reports as needed.
- Assists in reducing production costs to improve sales margins.
- Provides well designed products that meet industry standards for safety as well as customer/client performance expectations.
- Improves the design, safety, and reduce material costs of existing product lines.
- Works as a part of a team to design new product lines for production.
- Provides professional and positive support to all departments of our manufacturing company.
- Follows company policies and safety standards.
- Other duties as assigned.
Apply Online NOW
Please send your application to:
Or Mail to: Attention: Human Resources
4010 320th Street
PO Box 189,
Boyden, Iowa 51234
Any Questions Please Call: 800-543-3626 Fax: 712-725-2380