Territory Sales & Business Development – Western US
Employment Type: Full Time
1300 38th Ave W
Spencer, IA 51301
Demco is seeking a Territory Sales and Business Development professional to prospect for, develop and grow our Demco accounts and revenue in a specified territory. Focus will be on developing new customers and new dealers to grow the semi-trailer product category, while also maintaining the current customer base. Qualified applicants must be able to continuously learn, grow and develop sales skills, as well as develop and maintain working knowledge of materials to efficiently describe products to customers and acquire new accounts to grow sales volume.
This position is salary + commission, based on experience and requires 80% travel in the western US. Preferred candidate locations are within Boise, Reno, Las Vegas, Seattle and Salt Lake City areas.
- Develops new business by prospecting, identifying targets and managing prospects through the sales cycle to close. Territory will be defined based on successful candidate home location and an agreement between the company and the candidate
- Makes cold calls to end-user customers to facilitate retail sales through a local dealer
- Responsible for calling on Demco Semi Trailer House Accounts
- Assists with or helps lead the sales process with special accounts, which may or may not be in a current area of responsibility
- Identifies and builds strong relationships with decision makers
- Promotes stocking of Demco products to help facilitate growth for customer and Demco
- Works trade shows (wholesale and retail) to promote stocking and sale of Demco products
- Proactively work with customers to train them and instill confidence in Demco product lines
- Makes efficient use of company time and resources by performing sales calls and scheduling appointments
- Reports new trends, ideas, issues, products, and programs to the company via the Customer Feedback system.
- Actively maintain customer information using Demco’s CRM system with daily call notes and updated contact information as necessary
- Fills out Customer Feedback forms addressing product issues to find ways to better serve customers
- Reports inventory at the dealer level to compare with competitors’ inventory
- Calls on current customer base to sell and educate them on features and benefits of Demco product line
- Works to assist customers and dealers any way possible via training, advertising, literature needs, etc.
- Creates personal connections with the customer by finding points of interest in sales calls
- Writes orders at the end of sales calls
Qualifications / Requirements:
- Must have outgoing personality and good with people
- Must be self-motivated, driven and have excellent organizational skills
- Should have excellent problem-solving abilities along with the ability to work effectively in a team environment to assist customers.
- Must have a mechanical aptitude
- Must be a team player with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Office
- 80% overnight travel
- Flexible work schedule is necessary, which may require occasional weekend travel
- Must be personable, detail oriented and assertive
*Note – this position will be fluid in nature. The area of responsibility may change at the direction of Demco Management. The responsibilities will also be fluid per direction from Demco Management and Sales Manager.
Benefits Day 1:
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Birthday Paid Off
- PTO Accrual
- Comp Time
Benefits 1st of the Month After 30 Days:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and Short Term Disability Insurance
Benefits 1st of the Month After 60 Days:
- 401k Retirement Plan
Interested candidates can apply through Indeed or via our website at: www.demco-products.com. Demco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment drug screening required.
Any Questions Please Call: 712-580-7826
Job description is intended to define in general terms the most significant duties of a particular position and is not all inclusive of all duties or responsibilities of individual positions. Position descriptions are not intended to exclude the possibility of temporary assignments or the alteration of existing positions.
Demco, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.