Support Desk Technician
Employment Type: Full Time
4010 320th St
Boyden, IA 51234
To plan, develop, implement, configure, and support activities related to automated information systems and supporting systems. The role will also involve working closely with IT staff and external systems partners to design, configure, install, and support key components of the business applications platform.
- Performs configuration, patching, testing, and debugging to support new applications installs and updates to existing applications.
- Consults with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives. Writes documentation to describe program configuration and integration points.
- Participates in the testing process through development of detailed test scenarios and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Installation and support of off-the-shelf and vendor-hosted applications, and operating systems.
- Reviews, analyzes, and recommends applications systems to support the organization process automation goals; Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Provide friendly, courteous, and quality support to all users; Respond to incoming telephone calls, voicemails, web-submissions, emails, chats, and face to face requests for assistance from users experiencing problems.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or other technicians for service.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software and hardware (including printers)
- Install and perform repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Education: Technical or certification in related field. Two-year degree or equivalent experience in a related area preferred.
- Technology Skills: Experience with the following IT environments: Windows 10 server 2012-2019. Email and Collaboration systems. Office 365, Desktop devices - PC/Laptop/Printers/Mobile Devices.
- Natural Focus on Customer Service Excellence: Commitment to consistently deliver high quality work products and services in a timely and cost-effective manner; constantly seeking process improvement opportunities.
- Communication Skills: Strong verbal, organizational and written communication.
- Strong Work Ethic: Self-starting nature and conscientious and diligent work ethic, a demonstrated flexibility and integrity, and a collaborative style with the objective of building strong relationships with diverse customer groups
- Physical Ability: Must be able to lift and carry computers or IT equipment up and down stairs when needed and maneuver in tight spaces.
Benefits Day 1:
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Birthday Paid Off
- PTO Accrual
Benefits 1st of the Month After 30 Days:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and Short Term Disability Insurance
Benefits 1st of the Month After 60 Days:
- 401k Retirement Plan
Any Questions Please Call: 800-543-3626 Fax: 712-725-2380
Job description is intended to define in general terms the most significant duties of a particular position and is not all inclusive of all duties or responsibilities of individual positions. Position descriptions are not intended to exclude the possibility of temporary assignments or the alteration of existing positions.
Demco, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.