Employment Type: Full Time
4010 320th St
Boyden, IA 51234
Under the direction of, and reporting directly to the Controller, this position performs accounting processes related to regulatory accounting, reporting, and policy which includes providing monthly financial statements through journal entries, account reconciliations, and proper review of the financials, preparing financial reports for regulatory reporting, and serving as a key partner in audits.
- Support and participate in the monthly financial statement close process ensuring that all financial transactions are recorded accurately and timely; includes performing reconciliations, research, and adjusting journal entries.
- Processing of expense reports and credit card activity.
- Perform year-end close procedures and support the annual audit.
- Responsible for performing the monthly Bank Account Reconciliation.
- Participate in quality improvement activities, which reduce cost and increase efficiency through improved systems and processes.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Support with ad-hoc projects within Accounting Operations as needed.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related field is preferred.
- Associates degree in Accounting or related field is required.
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience.
- Experience with ERP systems.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and meet deadlines.
- Strong Customer Service skills for both internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently as well as with others.
- Self-starter who follows though with projects.
- Strong Problem Solving Skills.
- Intermediate or above skills in excel.
- Demonstrate the highest ethical standards.
Benefits Day 1:
- 11 Paid Holidays
- Birthday Paid Off
- PTO Accrual
Benefits 1st of the Month After 30 Days:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and Short Term Disability Insurance
Benefits 1st of the Month After 60 Days:
- 401k Retirement Plan
Any Questions Please Call: 800-543-3626 Fax: 712-725-2380
Job description is intended to define in general terms the most significant duties of a particular position and is not all inclusive of all duties or responsibilities of individual positions. Position descriptions are not intended to exclude the possibility of temporary assignments or the alteration of existing positions.
Demco, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.