Employment Type: Full Time
4010 320th St
Boyden, IA 51234
SUMMARY: Measure and analyze using QA equipment primarily using Hexagon Arm. Assist customers internally and externally in meeting quality requirements. This involves quality improvements related to customer returns, scrap and yield. This person will be involved in driving issues to root cause, gathering data for analysis, updating documentation, and inspecting product defects. This person will also be responsible for all aspects related to quality testing and inspecting.
Primary Duties: Below are “typical duties” performed by the Quality Technician but not exclusive. As future growth & skills develop this document will evolve to meet changing demands of the QA dept.
- Operating Hexagon measuring arm 3D scan/ probe measurements
- QA reporting – Product Quality & Process capabilities.
- Problem Solving/Root cause analysis of field failures and providing results to Design Engineering and or QA Manager or other interested parties.
- Layered Process Audits and provide the feedback to continuous improvement.
- RGA assistance as needed -Testing analysis, repair and communicating to Sales on Customer issues.
- Incoming inspection of parts to work close with SQE & Engineers.
- Perform First Article Inspection Reports for component parts and assemblies.
- Interact and assist Supply Management and Integration with PPAP’s (Production Part Approval Process)
- Troubleshoot and root cause analysis of quality issues related to new and existing products.
- Operate Hexagon Romer Arm to inspect various parts.
- Perform process capability and Gauge Repeatability and Reproducibility (R&R) studies as required.
- Work with Engineers and Operations on quality issues.
- Ensures quality level of all incoming parts and materials.
- Participate in Continuous improvement teams as necessary
- Inspect parts from various departments either on or off the production lines for various aspects of product specifications.
- Conduct product and process audits to determine conformance to requirements and maintain all audit records.
- Any other tasks as required fulfilling the Values, Principles and Beliefs.
QUALIFICATIONS: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Equivalent combinations of education and experience may be substituted for the expected levels of education and experience required.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or GED
- Experience using various measuring and test equipment (micrometer, caliper, dial indicators, etc.)
- Able to read/interpret blueprints and understand customer and engineering specifications.
- Ability to prioritize and work well under pressure.
- Associated degree or equivalent from two year college or technical school.
- Experience with Romer Arm or CMM inspection equipment
- Experience using Poly Works inspector software
- Experience using CAD software (Solidworks)
- Understanding of GD&T (Geometric Dimensions and Tolerancing)
- Ability to use precision hand measuring equipment
- Must be able to read, write and comprehend the English language in order to communicate well with our vendors, internal suppliers and interpret invoices.
- Ability to read and analyze technical procedures, control plans and government regulations.
- Must be able to communicate effectively over a telephone, via email or in person.
- Basic Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusion.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Troubleshooting/Problem Solving abilities related to various plating techniques.
- Working knowledge of standard inspection techniques.
Benefits Day 1:
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Birthday Paid Off
- PTO Accrual
Benefits 1st of the Month After 30 Days:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and Short Term Disability Insurance
Benefits 1st of the Month After 60 Days:
- 401k Retirement Plan
Any Questions Please Call: 800-543-3626 Fax: 712-725-2380
Job description is intended to define in general terms the most significant duties of a particular position and is not all inclusive of all duties or responsibilities of individual positions. Position descriptions are not intended to exclude the possibility of temporary assignments or the alteration of existing positions.
Demco, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.