Employment Type: Full Time
1300 38th Ave W
Spencer, IA 51301
- 5 or more years of experience in management or lead supervisor within a manufacturing environment.
- Direct experience in facilitating Lean, Problem Solving, and Process Improvements.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to manage conflict, implement change, and mentor employees at multiple levels of the organization.
- 3 or more years of experience and practice with Quality Management Systems and/or lean concepts.
- Strong computer skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook) as well as TCM software.
- Requires the attention to detail and a high standard of personal quality and integrity.
- Works closely with the Spencer Plant Manager to coordinate and direct daily activities of all production.
- Manages resources, including personnel selection, Training Within Industry (TWI), and manufacturing equipment to facilitate the achievement of scheduled production objectives in an efficient manner.
- Evaluates and recommends necessary staffing levels to support scheduled production targets.
- Continually evaluates, recommends, and implements process changes to improve production efficiency. Facilitates the use of lean and ISO principles.
- Identifies and implements cost reduction opportunities.
- Follows-up and documents incident investigations and customer complaints.
- Facilitates the introduction of new products into operations.
- Assures compliance to all regulations as governed by DOT, EPA, DNR, OSHA and other governmental agencies.
- Demonstrates effective servant leadership by ensuring that team members have the tools, training, and resources necessary to achieve assigned tasks.
- Demonstrates the willingness and ability to lead by example in areas such as Demco’s values (STRIVE), teamwork, communication, safety, and time/resource management.
- Communicates effectively with a wide range of internal and external customers, upper management, and front-line team members.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
Demco Manufacturing has an immediate opening for a Production Manager position at our Spencer, IA, facility. This position will report directly to the Plant Manager and serve in an operations leadership capacity at this location. The position is primarily responsible to assist the Spencer Plant Manager with the day-to-day activities for the manufacturing at Spencer as it pertains to safety, operations, environment, compliance, capacity planning, and lean initiatives.
The role will provide day-to-day direction to nearly 80 operations employees throughout the facility. Prior leadership experience in a manufacturing environment is preferred (see "Qualifications/Experience" section below). We are seeking a servant leader dedicated to leading by example, supporting our team members, and creating the ideal environment for sustained success.
You may also send your application to:
Or Mail to:
Attention: Human Resources
4010 320th Street
PO Box 189,
Boyden, Iowa 51234
Any Questions Please Call: 800-543-3626 Fax: 712-725-2380
Job description is intended to define in general terms the most significant duties of a particular position and is not all inclusive of all duties or responsibilities of individual positions. Position descriptions are not intended to exclude the possibility of temporary assignments or the alteration of existing positions.