Employment Type: Full Time
1300 38th Ave W
Spencer, IA 51301
- Degree in Industrial, Manufacturing, Mechanical, or related engineering discipline
- Team player who can work effectively in a team environment
- Ability to provide leadership for change and improvement
- Planning Experience – ability to think ahead and plan over 2-3 year time span.
- Project Management skills – ability to organize and manage multiple projects through the manufacturing process.
- Computer assisted design (CAD) and Solid Works proficiency
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Problem solving skills; ability to perform problem analysis and problem resolution
- Design and improve processes of the manufacturing systems with a strong emphasis on quality, productivity, and operating costs by implementing lean concepts
- Directs and coordinates new product introduction activities to assure all functional areas are involved to the extent specified in the product development procedure
- Research, development, and implementation of improvements to new/existing process and manufacturing systems to improve quality, productivity and reduce operating costs.
- Focus on operation procedures to improve ergonomic and human factors
- Analyze manufacturing processes and methods including flow, layout, and production equipment
- Make suggestions to design engineering to improve the manufacturability of current designs
- Assist in the training of production personnel
- Ensures that all manufacturing methods, tooling and equipment complies with state and federal regulations
- Provide technical assistance, training and information to various individuals involved in the production processes
- Cost-justify various tools, machinery and equipment for recommended manufacturing methods and make vs buy decisions
- Confer with management, engineering and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities, production schedules, and other considerations to facilitate production processes.
- Collaborates closely with the staff to bring about equipment upgrades and improvements
Working in conjunction with the Manufacturing Engineering team, this position conducts assignments in conformity with sound engineering principles, policies, and controls. Develops new methods, tooling, and process designs to resolve quality and cost issues to support a Lean/continuous improvement manufacturing environment.
You may also send your application to:
Or Mail to:
Attention: Human Resources
4010 320th Street
PO Box 189,
Boyden, Iowa 51234
Any Questions Please Call: 800-543-3626 Fax: 712-725-2380
Job description is intended to define in general terms the most significant duties of a particular position and is not all inclusive of all duties or responsibilities of individual positions. Position descriptions are not intended to exclude the possibility of temporary assignments or the alteration of existing positions.