IT Support Desk Technician
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: 8am-5pm
4010 320th Street
Boyden, IA 51234
Technical or certification in related field. Two year degree in a related area preferred.
• Client/server applications installation and technical support
• Vendor-hosted applications platforms
• Technical desktop support
• Experience with the following IT environments: Windows 7 and 10 server 2008-2016.
• Email and Collaboration systems – Microsoft Office 2010 -2016 and Office 365, Desktop devices PC/Laptop/Printers/Mobile Devices.
• Natural Focus on Customer Service Excellence - - Commitment to consistently deliver high quality work products and services in a timely and cost effective manner; constantly seeking process improvement opportunities.
- Performs configuration, patching, testing, and debugging to support new applications installs and updates to existing applications.
- Consults with users to identify current operating procedures and to clarify program objectives. Writes documentation to describe program configuration and integration points.
- Participates in the testing process through development of detailed test scenarios and analysis, test witnessing and certification of software.
- Respond to user inquiries regarding software applications to resolve problems.
- Installation and support of off-the-shelf and vendor-hosted applications, and operating systems.
- Reviews, analyzes, and recommends applications systems to support the organization process automation goals; Confer with staff, users, and management to establish requirements for new systems or modifications.
- Provide friendly, courteous and quality support to all users; Respond to incoming telephone calls, voicemails, web-submissions, emails, chats, and face to face requests for assistance from users experiencing problems
- Respond to user inquiries regarding computer software or hardware operation to resolve problems. Conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems or to provide technical assistance and support.
- Refer major hardware or software problems or defective products to vendors or other technicians for service.
- Set up equipment for employee use, performing or ensuring proper installation of cables, operating systems, or appropriate software and hardware (including printers)
- Install and perform repairs to hardware, software, or peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Develop training materials and procedures, or train users in the proper use of hardware or software.
- Maintain / track license agreements.
- Maintain asset database and control all company IT hardware in terms of issue, return and tracking.
To plan, develop, implement, configure and support activities related to automated information systems and supporting systems. The role will also involve working closely with management and external systems partners to design, configure, install, and support key components of the business applications platform.
You may also send your application to:
Or Mail to:
Attention: Human Resources
4010 320th Street
PO Box 189,
Boyden, Iowa 51234
Any Questions Please Call: 800-543-3626 Fax: 712-725-2380
Job description is intended to define in general terms the most significant duties of a particular position and is not all inclusive of all duties or responsibilities of individual positions. Position descriptions are not intended to exclude the possibility of temporary assignments or the alteration of existing positions.