Fabricator Saws and Presses
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: 6 AM to 430 PM (Monday-Thursday), Friday as needed
1300 38th Ave W
Spencer, IA 51301
Preferred but not required.
Demco is seeking individuals to work in our fabrication department. This position will focus on running saws and drill press, but will float throughout the fabrication department. Qualified candidates must be able to read and use measuring tools accurately. Demco provides a competitive compensation & benefits package that takes into account your skills, and expertise. Stating at $16.00+ based on experience.
- Effectively use machinery and hand tools to cut assigned materials to appropriate length.
- Work as a part of a team to follow established procedures and ensure product is assembled correctly.
- Program the machinery/laser to cut, bend and press parts according to print
- Load steel onto the machinery/laser using the proper equipment
- Unload the finished parts and stack according to size, shape and material
- Enter recorded data into the computer accurately
- Able to find, print and understand shop orders, customer orders and engineers’ drawings
- Able to use a forklift, hoist, and crane and know the correct procedures to operate each
- Attend all required safety training
- Conscientious of following procedures and keeping accurate records
- Mentor and train other employees
- Complete jobs on a timely and consistent basis
- Work as a team and be self motivated to work independently
- Actively look for new and improved ways to do things
- Meet reasonable production goals
- Maintain a safe working environment
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Birthday Paid Off
- PTO Accrual on Day One
- Benefits 1st of the Month After 30 Days
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and Short Term Disability Insurance
- Benefits 1st of the Month After 60 Days
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Safety Shoes/Glasses Allowance
Any Questions Please Call: 800-543-3626 Fax: 712-725-2380
Job description is intended to define in general terms the most significant duties of a particular position and is not all inclusive of all duties or responsibilities of individual positions. Position descriptions are not intended to exclude the possibility of temporary assignments or the alteration of existing positions.
Demco, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.