Fabricator – Laser Operator
Employment Type: Full Time
Work Hours: Hours are Monday - Thursday 6am-4:30pm and Fridays based on production needs.
1300 38th Ave W
Spencer, IA 51301
Demco is seeking a laser operator to work in our Fabrication department. This position will focus on utilizing computer software to layout our materials for the lasers to cut (nesting). Additionally, duties will include running our CO2 and Plasma lasers, as well as assisting in other areas of the Fabrication department. Experience is preferred, but not required. Qualified candidates must be able to read and use measuring tools accurately and have computer knowledge. Demco provides a competitive compensation & benefits package that takes into account your skills, and expertise. Stating at $16.32+ based on experience.
Up to $4,000 sign on bonus based on experience!
- Use computer software to arrange parts to be cut into the smallest possible area to maximize material usage.
- Program the machinery/laser to cut, bend and press parts according to print
- Load steel onto the machinery/laser using the proper equipment
- Unload the finished parts and stack according to size, shape and material
- Enter recorded data into the computer accurately
- Able to find, print and understand shop orders, customer orders and engineers’ drawings
- Able to use a forklift, hoist, and crane and know the correct procedures to operate each
- Attend all required safety training
- Conscientious of following procedures and keeping accurate records
- Mentor and train other employees
- Complete jobs on a timely and consistent basis
- Work as a team and be self motivated to work independently
- Actively look for new and improved ways to do things
- Meet reasonable production goals
- Maintain a safe working environment
Benefits Day 1:
- 12 Paid Holidays
- Birthday Paid Off
- PTO Accrual
Benefits 1st of the Month After 30 Days:
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life and Short Term Disability Insurance
Benefits 1st of the Month After 60 Days:
- 401k Retirement Plan
- Safety Shoes/Glasses Allowance
Demco is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Pre-employment drug screening required.
Any Questions Please Call: 712-580-7826
Job description is intended to define in general terms the most significant duties of a particular position and is not all inclusive of all duties or responsibilities of individual positions. Position descriptions are not intended to exclude the possibility of temporary assignments or the alteration of existing positions.
Demco, is an equal opportunity employer committed to workplace diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, gender identity, protected veterans status or status as a disabled individual or any other protected group status or non-job related characteristic as directed by law.